African mums in Deutschland announces the commencement of free language courses in Facebook group.
As a result of the pandemic with its cancellation of in person German languauge classes, AMD initiatived our first free German language courses in our support Facebook group at the beginning of 2020.
This was to enable women member who could not attend classes learn the language and for those whose classes have been cancelled, not forget what they had already learned
More than 40 women successfully completed A1, A2 and B1 German language courses in our group and went on improve their language abilities and took further language courses.
We also created an opportunity in the group for members to be able to practice German with the Facebook Messenger rooms called "Mittwoch ist Deutschtag " Where members had access to live Messenger classes.
This year thanks to the Facebook Accelerator program we have combined both initiatives to enable more women actively participate in our online language courses
The "Mittwoch is Deutschtag language program 2022 is a Free 12 week Language course to improve German language skills. It will take place 3 times a year.
We have created a syllabus tailored to the needs of women in our community with emphasis on conversation and vocabulary skills to give our members confidence to speak and independently navigate life in Germany.
𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗠𝗔𝗧 𝗢𝗙 𝗖𝗢𝗨𝗥𝗦𝗘
The format of the course includes the following:
- Compulsory conversation classes of 45 minutes at 18:00 every Wednesday with Facebook Messenger rooms
- Optional reading and Homework review of 45 minutes at 6:00 every Wednesday with Facebook messenger rooms.
- Home work, book and reading recommendations
- Communications, reminders and will be done with What app group and Messenger Group.
- Group work
- Explanatory Posts in group on these topics
- Explanatory videos in group on these topics
- Vocabulary posts
AMD is thankful for this opportunity to better our lives in Germany through learning the language